This weekend was the moment I realized that literally NOTHING in my wardrobe really fits me properly anymore. Every day, as soon as I get home, I am taking off my jeans just to throw on sweat pants (actually, my previous sentence was a lie – you caught me! My sweat pants still fit!!!)
There I was, making big announcements earlier that year about eating healthier and working out more… and what have I done? Since May, nothing really! OK, I have to admit, eating healthy when you do not have a kitchen and working out when there is a whole house waiting to be renovated is not the easiest thing to do but it would have been possible if I had just wanted it enough…
But this needs to come to an end NOW! Next year is my wedding and I do not want to look like this on this most important day of my life! I am fed up with holding my breath every time someone is taking a picture of me only to make my belly disappear! I am also fed up with only wearing my jeans when I am outside the house and coming home with a stomach ache…
So here is my plan – written down to remind me every single day what I am working for:
How I will lose 8kg in 6 months:
My plan is very similar to the one I made in the beginning of the year but I am making it a bit more flexible so that I can easily adopt it to every sort of day:
At least 3 times a week (better 4 times but lets start slowly), I will pick an activity from this list:
- Running – I already found the perfect running trail around our new home. It is 3.7km long but can be enlarged. Yesterday, I ran it for the first time and it took me 30 minutes which is VERY slow but I am working on improving this!
- Swimming – This is a hard one as I really love swimming but there are not a lot of indoor pools around here and if there is one, it is usually very very tiny. I have found one just 15km away from here which I will check out shortly.
- Dancing – I will do this at home with my Just Dance Nintendo game as it is a lot of fun and can easily be a part of my daily routine. Also the Metamorphosis program includes a dancing part which I’d like to do more often again.
- Yoga & Pilates – There is a new dance studio that opened just around the corner from our house! While driving by, I saw that they are offering yoga and pilates classes which I really wanna try!!!
- Skating – Every time, my parents come for a visit they bring some of my old boxes that are still in their place and last time, they brought one that had my skates in it. I thought it would be really fun to do that again…
- Biking – I love riding my bike and to explore my surroundings! It is something I really have to do more often.
- Hiking – Last week, when we were in South Tyrol, we went hiking several times and it was amazing! When being outside surrounded by beautiful nature, I do not even notice that I am working out…
- Squash – I have done this before in the UK and I would love to start again! Obviously, I need Christian for that as I cannot do that alone…
I definitely have to change my eating habits! Even if I am working out, I have to be more conscious about what I am consuming and how it will affect my weight. Here is a list of things I wanna be more aware of:
- Stop snacking!!!
- Eat more fruits and vegetables!
- Eat smaller portions!
- Try to substitute unhealthy ingredients in recipes with more healthy ones
- Don’t eat out that often any more
- No Take-Out!!!
- Stop buying massive amounts of sweets – when they are not in the house, I am not craving them!
- Start counting Weight Watchers points again
In order to stay motivated, there will be two rewarding systems:
- Every time, I work out, I will put 2 Euros in a box! At the end of these 6 months, I will go shopping with the money I saved!
- There will be one day on the weekend that is my reward day. On this day, I will eat normally and will not care about points and calories!
My goal is to lose 8kg in 6 months! That should be totally doable as it is only a slight bit more than 1kg per month which is not a lot! I am still not overweight but I am getting there eventually if I do not change my eating and fitness habits! If I lose these 8kg, I will be back to the weight I had when I moved here in the first place which is now 2 1/2 years ago!
In the end, it is not just losing these 8kg but it is also changing my lifestyle to a healthier and fitter way.
I know I can do this and I will!!!
I will keep you updated regularly about my progress! My first mini-goal is to lose 1.5kg until the end of November which is over a month to go!
Is there anything you can recommend to me that I can do in terms of fitness activities and eating habits? Please let me know!