It has been a while since I shared my last recipe here on Tea Time Blog. Due to the fact that we are still waiting for our kitchen to being delivered (which will not happen before the end of September…), I was not really in the mood to cook. Fortunately, my blogger friend Joanna from Another House Blog was so kind as to send one of her most favorite recipes over to share here on the blog and to start my recipe link-up again. In the future, this link-up will always take place on Tuesdays as I decided to not post on weekends anymore:
A Greek salad is a summer favorite in my house. It compliments perfectly every dinner and can be made in less than 5 minutes with simple ingredients that I always have in my fridge and my pantry. If you’re like me, dress it with plenty of olive oil that you can enjoy at the end with a piece of bread. This is heaven!
Servings: 2. Preparation: 5 min. Cooking time: 0 min. Total time: 5 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/3 of a cucumber
- 1 small white onion* (optional)
- 100 gr feta cheese (or as much as you like)
- 5-6 olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp oregano
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the tomato in half and then slice into wedges . Put it in a bowl.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and then crosswise into bite-sized pieces. Put it in the bowl.
- If using onion, cut it in half and then make horizontal slices from the stem end to the root end. Push the pieces that are stuck together apart and put it on top of the cucumber.
- Crumble some feta cheese with your hands in the bowl. You can add as much as you like.
- Pit the olives. Cut them in large pieces and add them on top of the feta.
- Throw in the bowl the capers and add the oregano.
- Dress with olive oil.
- Onions have a very strong taste and people either love it or hate it. I usually skip the onions in my Greek salad, so that everyone is happy. However, you can add it if you like it.
- There are some easy ways to pit olives and some difficult ones. I use this method.
Share your most favorite recipe of the week with fellow chefs and bakers in my Tuesday Recipe Link-Up. I look forward to all your recipes! Don’t forget to stop by other bloggers who are sharing their recipes! Have a lovely Tuesday everybody!!! When you share your recipe, please use the Hashtag #TTTR
Sign up for my monthly Newsletter and receive three motivational desktop wallpapers for free!