Yesterday has been such a fantastic day! The sun was out ALL day and we were outside to start a new photography project (I will tell you more about that this week…). Also a friend of us stopped by on his way from Switzerland to Frankfurt and we did a little tour around our village to show I’m were we live (more pictures about that to come, too!)
Anyhow, something I wanted to share with you for over a year now (actually, it was one of my Christmas Dinner parts back in 2012 (!)) is the recipe for my baked apples. So, before you have to wait even longer, I cut it short and here it is:
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 apples
- 2 table spoons of nuts (ideally walnuts)
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 30g of marzipan
- 1 table spoon of honey
- a bit of cinnamon
- some orange chest
- 20g raisins
- some butter for the baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Wash the apples and remove the core
- Chop the nuts and mix them with 1 table spoon of butter, the marzipan, the honey, the spices and the raisins. Then fill the apples with the paste.
- Spread the remaining butter on top of the apples and put them into a greased baking tray.
- Bake the apples for around 35 minutes.
For even better taste, serve the apples with some vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream!!! If you want to even top that, then you’ll sprinkle a bit of vanilla bean on top of them. It is absolutely delicious, I promise!!! This is not a dish specifically made for Christmas time. You can serve it throughout the rest of the winter, too. It warms you up from the inside which is always a plus when it is ice cold outside!
What is your most favorite winter recipe to keep you warm?