For the French Fries:
- Loads of potatoes (depending on how many people you would like to serve) – make sure the potatoes are not too small since you need to slice them
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Special spices for fries
For the Burgers:
- 500g beef and pork mince
- 1/2 cup bread crimps
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp with a mixture of the following spices: major an, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and basil)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Ketchup (I used curry ketchup for an even better taste)
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard
- Burger patties
- Everything you would like to put on the burger: Cheese, tomatoes, onions, bacon, egg, cucumbers, salad leaves etc… (whatever you like really)
- Peel and Wash the potatoes and slice them in french fries shape.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a bowl and cover them with water for around 30 minutes
- After these 30 minutes, dry the potatoes in paper towels. This is important for them to become crispy
- Once they are dry, toss them in a bowl and add oil, salt and pepper. Mix everything with your hands so that the oil spreads evenly among all the potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and bake the potatoes for 45 minutes while turning them over once in a while so that they brown evenly.
- Once they are golden brown they are done. If you do not want them to be greasy, you can soak up the oil with paper towels
- Mix all dry ingredients (bread crumbs, spices, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese) in one bowl
- Stir together the ketchup and the mustard in a different bowl
- Pour everything together into one bowl and add the meat.
- Mix everything with your hands until well combined
- Form 6 burgers and place them on a baking sheet. Now you can put the meat into the oven (You can do the burger and the fries simultaneously. Just add the meat after 30 minutes of the french fries being baked – this way both is ready at the same time)
- Right before the end, you might want to fry the meat in a pan as well so that they are not as juicy. But be careful and not overcook them. Serve them before they get dry.
- While everything is in the oven, you can start cutting all the other ingredients for you burger