Hello there! It is time for my Sunday Recipe Link-Up again! As promised yesterday, I am going to share the burger recipe we used for making the cheeseburgers with bacon and portobello mushrooms* for our BBQ Feast last weekend:
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 slices of thick breakfast bacon
- 60 ml (0.25 cups) olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- freshly grounded pepper
- 650g (23 oz) minced beef
- sea salt
- 4 burger buns
- some olive oil
- 4 thin slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons Dijon-mustard
- 4 leaves of green salad
- Fry the bacon in a big pan for around 10-12 minutes until crispy. Turn around several times. Place the bacon on some kitchen paper to soak up the extra oil.
- Mix the oil with the remaining fat in the pan and cover the mushrooms with this mixture.
- Prepare the Grill for medium to high heat (200-260°C, 392-500°F).
- Form burger patties out of the minced beef. Don’t press the beef too much as the patties will turn very hard later on… Spice with salt and pepper on both sides. With a spoon make a little indentation in the middle of the patty.
- Grill patties and mushrooms on direct medium to strong heat with the lid of the grill closed for 8-10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and a little bit brown and the patties are medium cooked. Turn them around.
- Spread some olive oil on all of the burger buns.
- In the last minute of grilling place a slice of cheese on each of the patties and place the burger buns on the grill.
- Spread the mustard on the buns and place the salad leave, 1 patty, 1 portobello mushroom and 2 slices of bacon on the bun. Serve hot!
This is simply one of the best burgers we’ve ever tried!!! Sooo delicious!!!
How do you like your BBQ? What is your favorite recipe?
*Recipe from GU Weber’s Burger by Jamie Purviance.
Share your most favorite recipe of the week with fellow chefs and bakers in my Sunday Recipe Link-Up. I look forward to all your recipes! Don’t forget to stop by other bloggers who are sharing their recipes! Have a lovely Sunday everybody!!! When you share your recipe, please use the Hashtag #TTSR