It is Sunday once again – time for another Sunday Recipe Link-Up. I am totally excited about the recipe I am going to show you today. I got it from the kitchenAid cookbook that I received for free after registering my kitchenAid machine and it has the most amazing recipes!
The other weekend, I tried the Italian Focaccia from the cookbook and we had it for breakfast. I can also imagine it as a side for a BBQ (we had our first one of the year yesterday, can you believe it??? More about that to come next week…). It is really easy to make but see for yourself:
- 30g yeast
- 400ml lukewarm water
- A pinch of sugar
- 800g wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 125ml olive oil
- 12 sun dried tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- 24 red cherry tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Crumble the yeast into a bowl and add the water and sugar.
- Leave the mixture for 10 minutes until it starts to foam. Then add the olive oil
- In a seperate bowl, mix the flour with the tablespoon of salt.
- Afterwards, gradually add the yeast mixture and work it well for two minutes.
- Cover with a wet tea fowl at a warm place for 1.5 hours or until the volume of the dough has doubled.
- In the meantime, cut the sun dried tomatoes and basil into small pieces and intermix them with the dough when it’s ready.
- Spread the dough onto a baking tray and make 12 holes where you add the cherry tomatoes.
- Cover it with a wet tea towel for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas 6)
- Drizzle some extra olive oil on top of it and sprinkle the sea salt on top.
- Bake it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the Focaccias are golden-brown
See, how simple it is? And the result is so yummy, I promise! We ate it for breakfast only with a little bit of butter. It is also great as a party snack.
Now it’s your turn. Share your most favorite recipe of the week with fellow chefs and bakers in my Sunday Recipe Link-Up. I look forward to all your recipes! Don’t forget to stop by other bloggers who are sharing their recipes! Have a lovely Sunday everybody!!! When you share your recipe, please use the Hashtag #TTSR.