Hello and welcome to another Sunday Recipe post! How has your weekend been so far? Mine has been great, especially in terms of food!!! Right now an almond cake is in the oven which I will be serving as a substitute for lunch today…
But coming back to today’s recipe! As I promised you on Friday, I am going to share my very own Pizza Muffins recipe with you today:
Ingredients (for 12 muffins)
For the dough
- 300g flour
- 15g yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 4.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- some fresh basil
For the filling
- 1 can of pizza tomato sauce
- feta cheese
- cured ham
- grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- Grade the flour into a bowl, make a little hole into the flour and crumble the test into the hole. Mix it with the sugar and the milk and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, fresh basil and salt and mix with the sponge.
- Roll out the dough and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread some butter in the holes of the muffin form and cut the dough into squares. Then place the squares into the muffin form.
- Fill the tomato sauce onto the dough and add the other ingredients for the filling. Finally spread some grated cheese on top of it, spice according to taste and put it in the oven. Bake the muffins for 20-30 minutes.
The muffins are a perfect snack to serve at a party or as finger food when having guests over. We had it with a fresh salad to have a full meal. If you have some muffins left over, there is no need to throw them away. They also taste great cold. We took our left overs with us when we went to the football stadium last Saturday to have them as a snack.
Share your most favorite recipe of the week with fellow chefs and bakers in my Sunday Recipe Link-Up. I look forward to all your recipes! Don’t forget to stop by other bloggers who are sharing their recipes! Have a lovely Sunday everybody!!! When you share your recipe, please use the Hashtag #TTSR