Hello fellow chefs and bakers! It is time to share a Sunday Recipe again. I already presented the yummy cupcakes I made last weekend and, as promised, am going to share the recipe with you guys today!
I got the recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery baking book. Here is what you need to make them:
Ingredients for the muffins (makes 12):
- 120g plain flour (approx. 4 oz)
- 140g caster sugar (approx. 4.5 oz)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 40g butter (approx. 1.5 oz)
- 120ml milk (approx. 1/2 a cup)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400g tinned peaches (approx. 13 oz)
Ingredients for the frosting (makes 12):
- 250g icing sugar (approx. 8 oz)
- 80g butter (approx. 2.5 oz)
- 25ml milk (approx. 1.5 tablespoons)
- a couple of drops of vanilla extract
Directions for the muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F or Gas 3)
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a bowl and beat on slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
- Gradually pour in half the milk and beat until milk is just incorporated.
- Whisk the egg, vanilla extract and remaining milk together in a separate bowl for a few seconds.
- Then pour into the flour mixture and continue beating until just incorporated and continue mixing until it is smooth. Do not over mix!
- Slice the peaches and divide them between the paper cases so that the base of each case is covered.
- Spoon the cupcake mixture on top until two-thirds full.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until light golden and the sponge bounces back when touched.
9. Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly in the tray before taking them out of the form.
10. When the cupcakes are cold, add the frosting.
Directions for the frosting:
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Combine the milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Then add to the butter mixture a couple of spoonfuls at a time.
- Once all the milk has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed.
- Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. The longer the frosting is beaten, the fluffier and lighter it becomes.
These cupcakes, taste incredibly great! They are not as filling as other cupcakes due to the peaches that make it much fresher and lighter. They are easily done and thus, perfect for a Sunday afternoon Tea Time snack…
Now it’s your turn. Share your favorite recipe with fellow chefs and bakers in my Sunday Recipe Link-Up. I look forward to all your recipes! Have a lovely Sunday everybody!!! Don’t forget to stop by other bloggers who are sharing their recipe!
PS: You can find all my Sunday recipes here.