Fall time also means apple time and apples are delicious! We bought a HUGE box of fresh apples in South Tyrol and brought them home! Last weekend, when Christian’s parents decided to come around, I made a yummy apple tart with almonds and today, I’d like to share this recipe with you guys (recipe from Das Große Buch vom Backen):
- 130g (approx. 4.6 oz) icing sugar
- 170g (approx. 6 oz) soft butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 130g (approx. 4.6 oz) ground almonds
- 130g (approx. 4.6 oz) wheat flour (type 405)
- 1-1.2 kg (approx. 35-42 oz) apples
- 60g (approx. 2 oz) sugar
- 180g (approx. 6.3 oz) cream
- 1-2 tea spoons of honey
- 100g (approx. 3.5 oz) planed almonds
- 1/2 tea spoon of cinnamon
- Grease the cake form.
- Mix the icing sugar with 125g (approx. 4.4. oz) of the butter and the egg yolk.
- Stir in the ground almonds and the flour.
- Roll out the dough and place it in the form. Form an edge of around 4cm (approx. 1.6 inches) and keep it in the fridge for about an hour
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (347 °F).
- Peal the apples and cut them into thin slices. Place the apple slices on the almond dough and press with a spoon.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes.
- Mix remaining butter with the sugar, 50g (approx. 1.8 oz) of cream and the honey in a pot and cook while string constantly until the mixture reaches a temperature of 105°C (221°F). Take the pot from the stove and mix in the almonds and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture over the apple tarte and bake for another 20 minutes until the almond mixture is golden-brown.
- Beat the cream and serve each piece of the cake with a little bit of cream.
Tuesday Recipe Link-Up – Your Turn
Share your most favorite recipe of the week with fellow chefs and bakers in my Tuesday Recipe Link-Up. I look forward to all your recipes! Don’t forget to stop by other bloggers who are sharing their recipes! Have a lovely Tuesday everybody!!! When you share your recipe, please use the Hashtag #TTTR