I have been reading The Lauren Elizabeth Blog for quite a while now and really like her High Five for Friday Series. It is a great idea to wrap up the week and I decided to use the beginning of the new year to start engaging in this series as well. Lets see how long I will keep doing this but here comes my first High Five for Friday post of this year:
1. I made my very first own pralines and they turned out pretty awesome!!! One of my goals for the new year is giving away gifts that are self-made. Those pralines make a great gift, don’t you think?
2. The last day of 2013 started with a traditional German pastry called Berliner which is a kind of doughnut filled with marmalade. For New Year’s you get some special ones designed like this:
3. Something that cannot be left out of this High Five for Friday is New Year’s Eve. We spent it with loads of friends in my hometown and had a fantastic time. Instead of expensive fireworks we decided on simple sparklers that made our start into 2014 sparkly and fun:
4. On New Year’s day, we went for a new year’s walk with spectacular blue skies and sun all around us! What a great start into the new year…
5. In spite of all my great new year’s resolutions, we couldn’t stop ourselves from indulging in some delicious home cooked potatoes au gratin on new year’s day for dinner. I will share the recipe of this wonderfully delicious dish tomorrow but to water your mouth, here is a yummy picture:
As it is kind of impossible to update more than one Instagram account with just one mobile phone, I will be using my travel blog’s Instagram account. Please stop by there for instant happenings of my life.
I am so happy that it is Friday already!!! After almost two weeks of holidays, it was quite hard to be back at work today. Due to a bank holiday on Monday, we have a long weekend ahead of us and I am so going to enjoy it to its fullest!!!
Have a great weekend everybody!!! I look forward to your High Fives for Friday!!!