Wow!!! Another week has passed in just a blink of an eye… And I am THIRTY now!!! Yes, I know… The big 30…. But apart from feeling a bit old, I feel also fabulous and very very happy!!! To explain why, here comes my weekly recap as part of the High Five For Friday Link-up:
1) After the trade show was over last Sunday, my parents, Christian and me stayed for another day in Berlin to relax and enjoy some quiet time after 6 stressful days at the trade show. We decided to stop by at the former airport Tempelhof which has been closed for a few years now and which you can visit now. We had a great time underneath a clear blue sky and we enjoyed the sun a lot!!! I am going to write more about our visit on our Travel Blog shortly!
2) Temperatures are pretty unusual for this time of the year here in Germany, we had above 20°C all week so far and I have not seen a cloud at all which is perfect as it is my birthday week! So what do you do when it is warm and sunny outside? Of course, you have ice cream! And here comes my very first ice cream of the year (I am an addict and during summer I like having ice cream every day…)
3) I also like sitting outside in the sun enjoying a cup of tea. On Monday in Berlin, I had this delicious fresh mint tea:
4) As I said, yesterday was my big thirties birthday. I am going to write more about that shortly but there are two things I want to show you today. The first thing is the birthday cake I made for myself (with the help of Christians lovely sister!) and that I am extremely proud of as it came out perfectly:
It tasted a bit like summer which was great considering that I was sitting outside in the sun on our balcony in shorts(!!!) yesterday… I am going to share the recipe for the swimming pool cake in a while!
5) The second thing, I’d like to show you is the beautiful gift Christian gave me for my birthday! I am so in love with him and the gift… I love standing in front of the mirror and looking at it feeling happy and blessed that I have this amazing boyfriend!!! I love you so so much!!!
I hope you guys enjoyed my little recap! How was your week? Please tell and join the fun! Take part in Lauren Elizabeth’s High Five For Friday and also link up with The Diary of a Real Housewife. I look forward to reading about your week!
Have a F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. weekend!!!