This is one of my all time favorite dinner recipes. Extremely easy but soooo delicious!!! This year, we had it for Christmas. It goes perfectly with meat and salad or cooked vegetables!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- 750g potatoes (waxy)
- 250g cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Peel potatoes, wash them and cut them into thin slices
- Pile the potatoes into a casserole
- Mix cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg and pour it over the potatoes
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for around 45 minutes
Isn’t that really quick and simple? On new year’s day, we enjoyed the gratin with some fresh green salads and a pork steak. Soooo good!!!
This recipe does not really belong to the “eat healthy” category but once in a while we need to indulge in something, don’t we?