Hello lovelies! It is time for another Sunday Recipe Link-Up!!! How has your culinary week been??? I have been dreaming of my self-made birthday cake and that is why I am going to share the recipe today with you guys. I have been inspired by Enie from the German TV Show Enie Backt but changed the original recipe a little bit according to my taste.
Recipe Swimmingpool Cake
For the biscuit base:
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 120g sugar (approx. 4 oz)
- 40g fluid butter (approx. 1.5 oz)
- 100g wheat flour (approx. 3.5 oz)
For the filling:
- 8 leaves galantine
- 400ml cream (approx. 14 fluid oz)
- 500g low fat curd cheese (approx. 18 oz)
- 250g curd cheese (40% of fat) (approx. 8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100ml milk (approx. 3.5 fluid oz)
- 125g sugar (approx. 4.5 oz)
- 1 tin of mandarines
- 2 packages of clear and unsweetened glaze
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons Blue Curaçao
- 100ml cream (approx. 3.5 fluid oz)
- 1 bag of sponge fingers
- colorful sugar decor (whatever you like really)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and place a sheet of baking paper into a spring form.
- Beat the eggs together with the hot water in a kitchen machine (I am always using my KitchenAid for this) on highest speed for about 1 minute until it is foamy. Keep string while dribbling in the sugar. Beat for another 2 minutes and finally stir in the butter.
- Sieve in the flour and stir on lowest speed. Fill the dough into the baking form and flatten it. Put the cake into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Afterwards, release the baked pastry case from the form and put it on a cooling rack to cool down. Take off the baking paper and place the cake ring around it again.
- For the filling, soak the galantine in cold water for around 10 minutes. Whisk the cream stiff. Mix the curd cheese with the other ingredients. Squeeze out the galantine and liquidate it on low heat. Mix the galantine with 4 tablespoons of the curd cheese mixture and gradually add the remaining mixture as well as the whisked cream. Add the filling on top of the baked pastry case and leave it to cool for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Then, place the mandarines on top of the creme. Mix the glaze with the sugar and Blue Curaçao and prepare it according to directions on the package. Spread it on top of the cake and leave it in the fridge for another 15 minutes or until the glaze is solid. Remove the cake ring.
- Whisk the remaining cream stiff and smear it to the sides of the cake. Then place the sponge fingers around it. Afterwards decorate with the sugar decor however you like it!
This is such a brilliant recipe for a birthday cake! The cake is amazingly fresh and not too filling. Also the color looks great, doesn’t it? Here are some more shots of the result to wet your mouth:
Now, I can’t wait for your recipes. Share your most favorite recipe of the week with fellow chefs and bakers in my Sunday Recipe Link-Up. I look forward to all your recipes! Don’t forget to stop by other bloggers who are sharing their recipes! Have a lovely Sunday everybody!!!
PS: When you share your recipe, please use the Hashtag #TTSR