Yesterday, while I was doing some more planning for our US East Coast Trip, we started talking about laws in the US and I remembered that I read about some really really strange laws ones. That inspired me to check them out! Prepare yourself for loads of laughing and fun b/c here comes my Top 10 list of the most ridiculous laws in the US:
- Alabama: It is forbidden to wear a false mustache in church if this could result in laughter
- Alabama: Men are only allowed to bash their wife with a cane that is not bigger than her thumb
- Connecticut: In Hartford, you are not allowed to cross the street walking on your hands
- Illinois: It is not allowed to fish while sitting on the throat of a giraffe
- California: It is forbidden to eat an orange in the bath tub
- Louisiana: Bank robbers are not allowed to shoot with water pistols
- Maryland: It is not allowed to bring a lion into the cinema
- Nevada: It is not permitted to chase a camel over the highway
- New Jersey: During fishing season, men are not allowed to knit
- Pennsylvania: If a driver of a car sees a horse on the road he has to pull over, cover his car with a camouflage blanket and let the horse pass by.
I can’t wait to learn more about the US before we go there and while we are there! I love going there and I really love the people over there but some things in the US are just a bit weird and hard to understand. I also wonder if there are any strange laws here in Europe as well that we just don’t know of… Does anybody have any knowledge about that? Please share, I am curious!
Have a great weekend everybody!!!