Hey there and good morning! It is time for my weekly Thursday Thoughts update which I missed last week – shame on me…
Today, I would like to discuss a new lifestyle with you. I have been trying to lose weight for a while now but I realized it is not just a short change I have to do but a change into a complete new lifestyle. When I was younger, I did not care about eating healthy or exercising. I ate what I was feeling like eating no matter how bad this would be for my health. I went out basically every single night every weekend and did not sleep a lot either while drinking a lot of alcohol.
Now, this has changed and I am feeling extremely good about this. At the beginning of the year, I made a plan with my new year’s resolutions and after almost 12 months of implementing this plan, I can now say that I am feeling much better! So what have I done to achieve this:
- I started cooking with fresh ingredients trying to make everything from scratch and not using already prepared foods
- I tried to go to regional restaurants that serve more regional and fresh food
- I tried to get a decent amount of sleep (7 hours) every night
- I did not party as much as I used to but rather spend the evening learning something new like knitting or improving on my photography skills
- I have been learning a lot this past year and I have started my own business which makes me extremely proud
- I stopped working full time for an employer. This was not my choice but in the end I think it is the best thing that could happen to me!
- I started using the app Gratitude which tells me to write down briefly every night what was great about the day. I am trying to find three things each day that I am happy about. This makes me extremely more positive and lets me focus on the good things in life!
Something that I am still struggling with but what I want to work on is exercising more! Next year in spring, when the weather is getting better, I am going to buy a city bike to ride to work! Why taking the car for 2.9km when I could easily go by bike, safe money and do something for my own health?
I also really wanna try Yoga! I have just downloaded an app for my ipad and I am going to check it out this afternoon as I want to get started as soon as possible! I’ll let you know how I like it!
Have you changed your lifestyle at some point in your life? Is there anything I can do better? Please share your thoughts with me in the comments section below!