I am sorry for missing out on last Tuesday Recipe Link-Up. I was simply way too exhausted after my day-trip to Hamburg… but new week, new start, so here we go with another one of my baking recipes! I have been baking for the first time in our new kitchen last week and it felt incredibly great!
I made yummy and also healthy ginger-rasin cookies! I am totally obsessed with ginger at the moment! It is a fantastic ingredient and extremely healthy!!!
Ingredients (for around 16 cookies)
- 75g (approx. 3 oz) margarine
- 15g (approx 0.5 oz) sugar
- 2 round pieces of fresh ginger
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g (approx. 1.8 oz) raisins
- 1 tea spoon of cinnamon
- 125g (approx. 4.4 oz) flour
- 1/2 a tea spoon of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 190°C .
- Mix the margarine and the sugar for around 2 minutes with an electrical whisk until you get a light dough.
- Peel the ginger and grate it into the mixture.
- Then add the egg yolk, raisins and cinnamon as well as flour and baking powder and mix it until you get a proper dough.
- roll out the dough on a little bit of flour (around 3 mm think) and cut out the cookies (I used a small glass for that and it worked out fine! The amount of cookies you get out obviously depends on how big your cutter is.
- Spread some baking paper onto a baking tray and place the cookies on it.
- Put it in the oven for around 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool down completely afterwards and enjoy!
For those of you, who are interested, the calories per cookie are 59 kcal / 249 kJ but this also depends very much on how big you make your cookies. Mine had a diameter od around 6 cm.
Also very important: These cookies only last for around 3 days until they go off so eat them quickly! They are too good to be stored somewhere anyways…
Share your most favorite recipe of the week with fellow chefs and bakers in my Tuesday Recipe Link-Up. I look forward to all your recipes! Don’t forget to stop by other bloggers who are sharing their recipes! Have a lovely Tuesday everybody!!! When you share your recipe, please use the Hashtag #TTTR